UK Holiday Home Insurance

UK Holiday Home Insurance


Insurance for your UK Holiday Home

So you’ve got a holiday home? Lucky you… Whether it’s a house with a sea view, a flat in a vibrant city or a quiet cottage in the country, we bet it’s just perfect for days away.

Now, we’re guessing you might be looking for insurance? Well, you’ve come to the right place, because we can help you get the right policy at a competitive price.

Why are holiday homes different?

Insuring a holiday home is similar to insuring your main home, but there are a couple of things that make a difference. The same things could go wrong, like a storm damaging your roof or damage or thefts from a break-in, so you still might want both buildings and contents insurance. But holiday homes are also often left empty for long periods of time, which providers are a bit concerned about. If a pipe were to burst, say, you might not realise for a long time, so the damage could be worse.

You might also be letting the holiday home out for other people to enjoy. Providers are concerned about that too, as although they are probably very nice, your tenants might not be as keen to look after the property as you are. That could make your property a higher risk in their eyes – because there’s more of a chance that you’ll need to claim.

If your holiday home is mortgaged, you will need to have building insurance to keep your mortgage company happy. But even if you own it yourself, you might want to think about having buildings insurance in case of a fire. It could be a good idea to make sure the value of the policy is enough to cover the rebuilding of your home.

If you have furniture, utensils, TVs and that sort of thing in your holiday home then you will need home contents insurance too. Think about how much it would cost to replace all the items in each room, including carpets, curtains and kitchen items. Because holiday homes are generally empty more often than a normal home, they could be more likely to be broken into, so you might want ‘unoccupied’ home insurance.

So, you can probably see what’s coming, holiday home insurance could be more expensive than your ordinary home insurance.

The good news is, there are quite a few providers that provide policies for second home insurance and holiday let insurance.

Fortunately, Insure Guide works closely with insurance brokers who can offer you access to specialised schemes that are offered by niche insurance companies looking to insure UK Holiday Homes.

Here at Insure Guide we can make this a quick and effortless process for you.  ­We are a supportive service for ‘difficult to find’ and specialist insurance.  Simply complete our web form below and a specialist broker will call you within the hour.



Please complete the form below

Name *
I am looking for insurance cover within the next 6 weeks *