Business Insurance for Start-ups

Business Insurance for Start-ups


Business Insurance for Start-Ups

Business insurance for start-ups can be worrying as starting your own business up can be complex and expensive.

For most businesses, even fledgling ones, business insurance should be considered as essential to their survival as basic utilities—and steady customers. Some types of insurance are required by law. Other coverages may be required by your business associates or investors. But business insurance is about protecting your employees and your investment in your business.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to complete our short web form and a specialist broker will call you within the hour.

These are the primary business insurance coverages you’ll need to consider as a start-up. Some may not apply, or may be less essential, depending on your type of business and how it’s structured:

  • General liability insurance
  • Property insurance
  • Workers’ compensation insurance
  • Commercial auto insurance
  • Commercial flood insurance
  • Commercial umbrella insurance
  • Management and professional liability insurance
  • Business income insurance, also known as business interruption or continuation insurance

General Liability Insurance for Start-ups

General liability provides financial protection for your business in the event of lawsuits and claims. These may arise as the result of injuries or property damage connected with your business, or even non-physical acts like slander or libel.

Property Insurance for Start-ups

Property insurance covers your business’ physical assets. A wide array of events can fall under this coverage, such as fire, smoke, wind and hail storms, and vandalism. Flood damage is generally not covered.

Business Owner's Policy: The Best of Both

A business owner’s policy (BOP) bundles general liability and commercial property coverages and is generally the most affordable choice.

Flood Insurance for Start-ups

Backed by the federal government, the National Flood Insurance Program covers businesses from financial losses due to property damage caused by flooding.

Although we are unable to advice on what type of insurance it is what you will need here at Insure Guide we can help you out. We are an impartial and friendly organisation who can help you find the right insurance broker who can get you through the complexities of different types of insurances you might need for your business. Getting the wrong business insurance for start-ups can seriously damage your business and cause undue stress.  A tailor-made business insurance for start-ups is often required and this is something specialist brokers are more than happy to provide.

Insure Guide provides a niche service to take the anxiety out of finding the right insurance broker for your needs­.  We are a supportive service for ‘difficult to find’ and specialist insurance.  Simply complete our web form at the bottom of this page and a specialist broker will call you back within the hour.

There are many different types of insurance out there on the market and a specialist broker will read your documentation thoroughly to make sure all areas of your business are covered. Then you can then sit back and concentrate on your business without worrying about business insurance for start-ups.


Please complete the form below

Name *
I am looking for insurance cover within the next 6 weeks *